When you have dogs that are part of your family, having a baby is a major change for you and your dogs. You will want to have lots of healthy dog treats in hand to reward them for good behavior! You have to constantly nudge them with love to let them know that they are loved too! I am writing with experience. Our dogs were free to roam the entire house until we had our daughter. All of a sudden 3 new baby gates went up and we had to slowly introduce them to her. It took some time but they ended up being her protector. My husband and I both remember a moment where she was asleep in her carrier. We were watching tv and the doggies were both under our blanket on our lap. The TV had a baby that started crying. Lucky, the protective dog, jumped out from under the blanket and went and peaked her head into the carrier to check up on our newborn. It was a touching moment and my husband and I still tell the story to my daughter who is now 4 years old. This is definitely a moment we should have had some Nudges, Chicken Jerky for dogs, available to give the pooches!
Meet Penny: When my husband and I got married my husband talked me into getting a dog. He wanted a black and tan Miniature Pinscher. Finally one day he said lets check this pet store for dogs. We asked the front desk if they had any Black and Tan MinPins and they said no we only have a red one. My husband started to walk out so I suggested that check her out (I wanted to get used to dog shopping). So we went into the little dog room and “Penny” kept running to me and sitting right on my lap. She felt so sweet. She would play for like 2 seconds and then come on my lap and would put her head down. My husband new by my expression that I liked the dog. She to this day follows me around. So she is my “Penny Pinscher”! Who would have known I would have started “Enza’s Bargains” YEARS later.
Meet Lucky: We went to the same pet store. I wasn’t in the market for another dog but my husband fell in love with her. She was sitting in her tiny dog dish behind the window. He went and visited her several times. One day we found a “Going Out of Business” sign posted on their door. We went to check on the dog and she was sick acting like she had a cold. When we found out that once the store closed in a week they were giving the dog back to the breeder, we knew we HAD to get her because we didn’t know if the breeder would keep her alive or not. We later found out that she was given wrong medicine and probably mis-treated. To this day it takes a lot for her to warm up to others. We spent a lot on medical bills and she use to have to go and do breathing treatments all day in an incubator machine at the vet. We would pick her up each night and take her in the morning. She is “LUCKY” to be alive!
At the beginning you get lots of visitors. Many of our family members aren’t dog people so we have to put them in their kennel or behind the fence. They deserve lots of rewards around this time since they are totally breaking their routine! Here are some things you can do to reward them.
- Remember to spend time with them! As tired as you may be let them sit on your lap, walk them, play with them frequently.
- Have your dogs be ready for company. Have a place they can go where you give them treats or bones and reward them.
- Keep your doggies smelling good: This is more for the company! People are coming to visit the newborn and the smell of stinky dogs just don’t fit. I just purchased some new natural dog spray. Although they get baths frequently, sitting in their kennel at night and going outside can make them stinky keep them smelling good!
- Give your dogs something that they baby has snuggled with so they can get accustomed to the new baby smell. So get a cheap blankie that you use with the baby for a night and then let the dogs have it (no need to give it back to the baby). But this way they are use to her smell.
- Keep treats handy! Reward your doggies for good behavior when it is deserved! They are loving their Nudges Treats!
I currently purchased Nudges dog treats! We are going to have a lot of family and friends over with the new baby. We are also going to have some workers in our house to redo our floors since our carpet needs to be taken out. Nudges dog treats are going to be a great way to reward them for good behavior and get them to go where I need them to go. These treats are made in the USA which is a great bonus and they don’t smell like dog food. To me they actually just smell like beef jerky! It also doesn’t matter if you have big or small dogs. I tear the pieces up to smaller ones to give to mine since they are small.
If you are looking to give Nudges Dog Treats a try be sure to check out their $1.00 OFF Coupon!
To get MORE summer ideas (besides preparing for a baby) be sure to check out this magazine:
Mark your calendar for a Nudges Twitter Party:
There will be a Twitter Party for this campaign on July 17th 2-3pm EST regarding Nudges wholesome dog treats, creating Nudges moments with your pet, what makes a great day (Nudges moments) from pet perspective. RSVP at http://cbi.as/9n3ir.
Enter to WIN Nudges Treats each week and even a GRAND prize of a Samsung Galaxy S4 with money toward your plan! Details and ENTER at http://cbi.as/9n3ir.
Never miss out on a good deal by subscribing to my e-mails today!
Remember that each post may or may not have affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Last 5 posts by Enza
- Tanga Lion, Panda, Penguin Hats for Kids ONLY $4.99 (reg. $20) + FREE Shipping! - December 10th, 2013
- Tanga: Remote Control Angry Birds! Air Swimmer Turbo ONLY $9.99 (reg. $35) - December 9th, 2013
- Hallmark Card Rewards OFFER: $3 off of $3 on 2 cards, and MORE! #hallmarkcardrewards @Hallmark #spon - December 9th, 2013
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Super Adventure Review! Released 12/3 #movie #review #Disney - December 8th, 2013
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning and The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea! - December 8th, 2013