Are you wondering what you need to know prior to purchasing the Cricut Mug Press? Cricut has announced the release of its newest product in their lineup! They are adding their own Mug Press to their lineup and you aren’t going to want to miss this affordable new crafting tool that will definitely bring your crafting up to an entire new level. This is a sponsored post and all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. That means at no cost to you, if you happen to make a purchase we may earn a small commission.
If you have never used a Mug Press, you actually fall under the same category as I do. The Cricut Mug Press was the first one I have owned. I had actually been interested in trying to figure out a way to use Infusible Ink on mugs in the past. I remember watching industrial and clunky mug press machines that just didn’t interest me in my house. It definitely wasn’t the route that I wanted to take. They definitely are a huge eye sore because they are all big and bulky. Plus, they look intimidating.
I have been using my Mug Press for about a month now and I wanted to tell you that it is super easy to learn, I have had a perfect transfer every time, and I am so excited to step up my gift giving game!
What you need to know prior to purchasing your Cricut Mug Press!
- Cricut Mug Press has a smart heat technology that knows when your mug is done heating. You don’t have to worry about adjusting time and temperature because you get the perfect transfer every time! So you don’t have to worry about your ambient temps anymore. That also means you don’t have to worry about faded prints and ruining blanks.
- Keep an eye out for Cricut Mug Press bundles sales that you can find exclusively on their website!
- The new Infusible Ink Transfers sheet sizes are perfect for mugs! They are also perfect to make either TWO matching mugs or even one mug and two matching coasters. Check out the Infusible Ink Sheets and Transfer sheets soon to be available to order. Also here is our step by step on mug making!
- You should have a peace of mind when using your newest Mug Press. The auto-shutoff feature is one of the features to help you feel more comfortable when using it. Also, it has a cool touch plastic on the outside of the machine. I was able to use my Mug Press right on my desk the same place I use my Easy Press.
- You can cut transfer sheet on any of your Cricut Cutting Machines and the new sized Transfer Sheets also fit in your Cricut Joy! You can also use Infusible Ink pens and markers on good ‘ol laser copy paper. I always get asked what paper I am using and it’s literally copy paper that you would put in a laser printer. I use the brand I just linked to from Amazon.
- You only need butcher paper if you are heating pens or markers on your mug. You don’t need to worry about the extra layers of butcher paper when using transfer sheets!
- Mugs aren’t just for coffee drinkers. If you are debating on if you will make enough mugs, ask yourself if you make enough earrings? Shirts? Cards? Etc.. Mugs are great gifts for not only coffee lovers but adding who doesn’t love hot chocolate or tea? You can also fill yours with a cute plant for Mother’s Day, Teachers, or even May Day. Speaking of teachers, fill one with some flair pens for a teacher or your school nurse and that is guaranteed to make them smile. I made this mug as the start of Easter/Spring Teacher gifts! I decided to keep this one for myself!
What to purchase:
Cricut Mug Press or Cricut Mug Press Bundle
Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
Cricut Mug Blanks
Infusible Ink SheetsInfusible Ink Pens and Markers
Heat Resistant Tape
Butcher Paper (only need this for markers/pens)
Laser Copy Paper (only need this for markers/pens)
Do you know someone with a small business, make them some branded mugs for their next zoom meeting!
I want to answer you questions! So please leave your question below and I will go back to answer them! Bookmark this page as I continue to share things you need to know.