Disney’s Cruella is NOW playing in theaters (or you can pay to watch it at home with Disney+ Premiere Access) and it is doing great in the box office already! I wanted to share my experience at the movie where I will be wearing these Cruella Inspired Craft Earrings that I designed and created with my Cricut Maker! This post is sponsored but all opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links at no cost to you. It just means that if you choose to purchase something we may earn a small commission.
After you learn about our craft be sure to read about our experience seeing the movie in theaters!
Cruella Inspired Craft with a Cricut Maker
I used a simple teardrop earring shape, the dalmatian print in Design Space, and a wave image to create this look for these Cruella Inspired Craft Earrings.
What you need:
Purple StrongGrip mat board
Green StandardGrip mat board
Cricut Genuine Leather
Deep Point Blade
Cricut Tool Set (weeder and scraper)
Cricut Vinyl and Glitter Vinyl
Cricut Mat and Easy Press (mini)
- Place your Cricut Genuine Leather shiny side down on your Purple mat board. Make sure it is secure by using your scraper tool and some painter’s tape to go around all the material for extra security from possible shifting.
- Insert your Deep Point Blade into your machine and move the white plastic rotary wheels to the right so that it doesn’t go over your fabric.
- Using more pressure cut your material once or twice. Use your weeder tool to take a corner and test it before deciding if it needs an additional cut or ready to remove.
- Remove from machine and mat board. You should have a crisp clear cut.
- Finally, I used the earrings fish hook with the ball at the end to save me from doing an extra jewelry piece!
- You just made your earrings above.
- Don’t forget to move your white wheels on your machine over again and put your regular fine blade back into your machine.
- Using HTV and your HTV setting cut your material.
- You will want to press your HTV on a low setting on your genuine leather earrings from Cricut.
Cruella was remarkably written. It is hard to not love and despise Cruella all at the same time in the movie. This is the most I had learned about Cruella, even though I find myself a pretty good Disney fan. Before going to see the movie, I had read several places that it would be too dark for my youngest daughter. I didn’t take her with me but it would not have been too dark for her. I am pretty sure reading and watching all of the Harry Potter movies during the pandemic roughened her up now what her scary scale would be.
Check out my entire Cruella Review here!
Academy Award® winner Emma Stone stars in Disney’s “Cruella,” an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. “Cruella,” which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar® winner Emma Thompson (“Howards End,” “Sense & Sensibility”). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
Watch the trailer below: