Some of you have been following my bargains and stories for a few years now. It isn’t a secret that I nurse my baby. This is very important to me because of all the great benefits I see in nursing. It isn’t only the health benefits, but I enjoy the savings, and the convenience of having milk on tap. Haha that is what I feel like. I personally don’t “enjoy” nursing. I feel just as close to both of my children when they were taking bottles. I do supplement with formula and I have since she was just about 3 months old so that she has enough at daycare.
Please don’t judge me because I nurse, and please don’t judge me because I supplement with formula. I am juggling a lot go things in my life, so I thought this campaign was great!
I plan to continue to nurse my baby until I can transition her to milk. Judge if you want…but that is my plan. I went back to work at the end of October when my baby was 3 months old and I had to start supplementing. The first reason was because I was going out of town without her for 4 days. Then once I was back I found that I was always about 2-4 oz shorts of pumping each day for the amount of milk she drinks while I am at work. I even tried to increase my pump sessions and it didn’t matter. I found that it was better for ME and my baby if I just supplemented each bottle with a little bit of formula. I stress less and I am able to get through work easier.
Okay now you know my story! I haven’t had to purchase much formula. As a matter of fact one tub lasted us over 3 months! Now since she is taking food I use the formula each day for her cereal. Did you know that the generic store brands are just as great as the “popular” brands most moms are bombarded with in regards to marketing?! Perrigo Nutritionals can be found in stores as the “store brand” formula (as pictured). Here are some very informational tips that were provided to me by Perrigo Nutritionals:
About Perrigo Nutritionals
- · Many moms are not aware that they can save up to 50 percent on infant formula by choosing a store brand over a national brand
- · Store Brand Formula is nutritionally comparable to the national brands, yet are typically up to half the price, and can save you about $600 a year
- · Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of Store Brand Infant Formula and nutrition products in the world and one of only four companies recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for meeting the strict FDA requirements for safety, nutrition and quality for infant formula-manufacturing in the United States
- · According to a recent survey conducted online by Harris Interactive, 75 percent of American moms plan to return to work after they have their baby
- · Of those moms returning to work, 42 percent attribute their stress to feeding their baby
In the giveaway below you are also going to receive a book by Michelle LaRowe called “Working Mom’s 411”. If you are like me and managing kids, nursing, a full-time job, and 2 blogs…you will enjoy reading this book! It is for you! Here are some great tips she suggests:
Five Return to Work Tips from Michelle LaRowe, author of “Working Moms 411”:
- 1. If you don’t have quality childcare, you won’t be able to focus on anything else. Whether you choose a nanny, enroll your child in daycare or have a family member provide care, if you’re not confident your child is safe and being well cared for, you won’t be able to get any work done.
- 2. A momtourage is a necessity. Now is the time to find out the people, places and things that can make your life easier. Whether it outsourcing the pet walking or ordering your groceries online, figure out who and what you can count on to give you more time in your day to spend with your family.
- 3. If you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone else. Set your alarm to get up 15 minutes before everyone else to have your cup of coffee in peace. If you can’t hit the gym, take a brisk walk during your lunch break. If you aren’t meeting your own needs, you won’t be able to meet the needs of others.
- 4. You’ll need to adjust your expectations. Sure, you can do it all and have it all if you’re willing to refine what that means. You’re too tired to prepare a home cooked meal every night. Consider starting an office meal swap. Make double of a meal one night per week, have a coworker do the same things and switch and get two meals for the trouble of one.
- 5. Guilt is mommyversal. Don’t let anyone fool you. Whether you are a working mom, stay at home mom or work from home mom, guilt is mommyversal. Just because you feel guilty doesn’t mean you are guilty. If you’ve made the right choice for your family do yourself and your baby a favor: let go of the guilt.