Ikea’s opening on Wednesday September 10th, in Merriam is sure to draw a huge crowd, one they’re expecting to start lining up Monday. You’ve got one hour to get there! Why? FREEBIES! Tons and tons of freebies! Merriam’s Ikea will be the 40th store in the US, and boy are they celebrating! But if you’re not lucky enough (or don’t have the stamina) to get there for one of the freebies, below are the top five reasons I believe you ought to brave the crowds and get there this weekend!
- Never too early to get your list started for your significant other for Christmas. Ok, I know Christmas is way too far away. And I hate seeing Christmas stuff already dressing up stores…but shopping early for Christmas can pay off. You can usually find better deals and avoid the hysteria that is Black Friday!!!
- IKEA is perfect for your kids dorm room, or apartment at college. I know your kids are back to school already. You know they’ve already found a way to make their spacious 200 square feet nearly unlivable. Get them into Ikea with you. Ikea is your idea headquarter, you can’t possibly walk their track without getting your wheels turning.
- DYIers…Ikea will save you money!!! Everyone else, because they ship in a way to save DIYers the most money, you too will save money, even if they do it all for you! Ikea’s innovative shipping strategies eliminates a massive component other furniture stores cannot. Shipping air, because of the way other stores have to package their ship containers and trucks you’re paying for the wasted space, or air.
- Excitement! The staff was there for our tour, they’re genuinely thrilled to be there and really like their company, and like what they’re doing. It’s hard for me not to be very critical of retail due to my years working in it, and the furniture stores I’ve been into simply want to sell you a piece of furniture. Ikea wants to solve whatever problem you have.
- It’s a lot more than furniture! It will blow your mind what you’ve been spending way too much money for. This store has everything from couches to napkins. And you’ll be shocked at the things you’re spending twice to five times more at other stores.
Here’s what they’re giving away:
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Rest Assured – The first 40 adults (18 & older) in line for the IKEA Merriam grand opening on
September 10, 2014 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our new 40th U.S. store.
Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in line at the IKEA
Merriam grand opening on September 10, 2014 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in line at IKEA Merriam
grand opening on September 10, 2014 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) to visit IKEA Merriam on
September 10, 2014 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from
$10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or frozen yogurt voucher.
Happy Birthday to You and Us – Visitors bringing proof to IKEA Merriam on September 10,
2014 that their birthday is the same as the store’s can receive a gift card in the amount of $40,
a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Merriam as the 40th IKEA store in the U.S.
Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From September 10 through September 12, 2014, visitors
to IKEA Merriam may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards through the
IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation
to Amethyst Place, a local provider of safe and supportive housing to women recovering from
drug and alcohol addiction, and their children.
– more –
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Sleep Like Royalty – The first 40 adults (18 and older) in IKEA Merriam on Thursday, September
11, 2014 will receive a free queen-sized SULTAN HALLEN mattress.
Take it Easy – The next 100 adults (18 and older) in IKEA Merriam on Thursday, September 11,
2014 will receive free home delivery for their purchases on that day.
Kids Choice – Children 12 & under eat for free at IKEA Merriam on Friday, September 12, 2014.
Friday, September 12, 2014
Meatballs for a Year – The first 40 adults (one per immediate family) in IKEA Merriam on
Friday, September 12, 2014 will receive a voucher for a monthly meatball meal for a family of
four at IKEA Merriam’s Restaurant through next year, expiring on September 30, 2015.
Swedish Food Shopping Spree – The next 40 adults (18 or older) in IKEA Merriam on Friday,
September 12, 2014 will receive an IKEA Food tote bag and a voucher to fill the bag up with
whatever they want from IKEA Merriam’s Swedish Food market.
A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Merriam on Friday,
September 12, 2014 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at
IKEA Merriam’s Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, September 10 – Sunday, September 14, 2014
Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the
family-friendly fun at IKEA Merriam from September 10 through September 14, 2014.