With the start of the New Year, I am always looking for healthier food to eat, more greens, and some good protein. Not to mention I love all of these main ingredients in this Panini: Spinach, Artichoke, and Chicken! This sandwich is so good! This Spinach, Artichoke, & Chicken Panini great side would be a bowl of fruit and a side salad! It is very filling and I can’t wait to see you all make this recipe at home! Please share some pictures with me if you make these! You can create this same recipe in the skillet or using a super fun Panini Maker! Want to save this recipe for later? PIN it below!
Spinach, Artichoke, & Chicken Panini Recipe
Total: 1 Hour
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts
- 2 Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 Fresh Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 4 Slices French Bread
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.) Set aside.
- If using fresh whole artichokes, cut tips from artichoke petals using shears. Steam whole artichokes for approximately 20-30 minutes in stovetop pan; water covering at least half of the artichokes and rotating periodically.
- Remove artichokes from water. Let cool for approximately 5 minutes. Remove petals and choke. Chop hearts into small pieces. Set aside.
- Chop fresh garlic into tiny pieces.
- Sauté spinach & garlic in butter for approximately 8 minutes.
- Slice chicken diagonally and place onto one side of each Panini. On the other side, add a spread of butter, cheese & artichoke mixture, and top it off with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Close Paninis and place onto stovetop pan. Heat at medium, alternating sides every 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Check out these recommended posts:
[catlist id=179 thumbnail=yes numberposts=6 template=enza]