Disclaimer: Sponsored content from Kohl’s. I was provided a gift card to share my shopping experience with all of you. I really do enjoy shopping there and all opinions and ideas are those of my own.
When it comes to buying some new clothes for your kids for “Back to School” time it is similar to packing for a long trip. You want to be able to have items mix and match and you definitely want to try to save as much money as possible by doing so.
I went shopping at Kohl’s for my daughter. While I was shopping, I came up with some really good ideas.
- You want items to be able to coordinate with each other so that you can mix and match outfits. If you have two shirts and two pants…you should have 4 outfits and not 2.
- Look for coupons! Kohl’s offers coupons ALL the time! Plus a lot of times they offer their Kohl’s Cash. So you can pair up your coupons PLUS get Kohl’s Cash for your next trip.
- Find out if your city has a tax-free weekend! If so this will automatically save some of you 7-8% on your ticket! This is a HUGE savings (especially when you are teaming it up with coupons).
- Purchase a couple of cardigans and try to stick to more jeans and pants rather than shorts. You can pair up your short sleeve tops with cardigans. Plus you can wear pants all the time but shorts are going be limited on the season and temperature outside.
- Know your school’s dress code. Nothing says wasting money on back to school shopping when you purchase a cool sparkly shirt and then later realize that you children can’t wear sparkles at school.
Check out some of the items we purchased. We had pink pants and jeans plus 4 different tops. So most of these items can be mixed and matched. I was also able to grab a 15% off coupon from my phone at checkout to apply toward this shopping trip! Talk about savings! I also picked out solid white socks and solid black shoes to match her uniform guidelines to her school. She will be starting Kindergarten and I am going to do my best not to cry my eyeballs out. Look how grown up she looks in the following pictures.