Time to clean the toy room! Why is it, it takes me hours to clean my kids toys and it takes them seconds to tear it up. They are serious walking little tornados. I renamed this “The TOYnado”! I watched my 1 year old and as I was putting toys in bins she was yanking 10 out at a time and throwing them on the ground. My oldest isn’t any better. She is old enough o be able to clean them up, but when it comes time to clean she gets overwhelmed because she wasn’t cleaning throughout the time she was playing. Then forget it when we have company over in two seconds are toy room looks like a scene from the hit TV show “Hoarders”. With the help from Little Tikes we were able to get more storage in our toy room to help with our cleaning process!
So my husband and I have been trying to clean through the huge mess that we have of the g’zillion toys. So we told the girls that there were no more toys in there bed room or our living room. All the toys had to stay in the basement. As we went through and started cleaning room by room the toys that we weren’t ready to part from got put in the basement. As we brought boxes and baskets of toys downstairs they were getting tossed in a HUGE pile on the floor. See the before and after picture. So I needed a “black and white”/”step by step” process of getting this toy room cleaned and sorted so that I can see the floor and we can make some use of it.
How to CLEAN a MESSY TOYnado! Sponsored by Little Tikes!
- Get all the toys out and about.
- Create keep, trash, and donate piles.
- Then sort through the keep pile and organize them by types of toys depending on what your kids have. I used: stuffed animals, MLP toys, Character toys, cars, play food, dolls, and more.
- Then every toy and “type of toy” needs a home.
- Check the toy room and straighten the toys EVERY night! Have your toddler help you and reward them for doing a good job. You have to teach them how to clean and can’t expect that they know how to do it on their own.
As you can see on the pictures alone the Little Tikes Sort ‘n Store™ Primary Colors Toy Chest really helped out our cleaning process. We needed a place for all of our toys. This worked out great!
Enter to WIN your own Little Tikes toy box to help with your own “Toynado”. This giveaway is sponsored and is for US, 18+ only. By entering you agree that if you win you need to respond within 48 hours to claim prize and winner’s first name will be posted on the widget below. Winner will be notified via e-mail.
Ends Tuesday 8/26 at 11:00pm CST!