About twice a year I sit down and figure out what my bills are each month how to lower them! I am going to give you a list of ideas of what to do and I suggest you give them all a try! I came up with this list on how to Lower Your Monthly Expenses! Lowering your expenses helps you a lot! Lets say you can save $100 a month! That is HUGE! Lets see what you can do and come back and let me know if I saved you any money! These are just a few things you can try!
Lower Your Monthly Expenses TODAY
1. IF you have any credit cards, then time to give them each a call. If you have been making on time payments ask them to re-evaluate your account and request a lower APR. The worse thing they can do is tell you “No” but a lot of times every few months you can negotiate a lower interest! This usually works if you have been making on time payments. I hope this helps lower your monthly expenses right away!
2. The HUGE cable and internet bill: Call them to get them lowered. You might have to get a less expensive plan. I have done this monthly and even picked up free channels along the way! This is a fun and easy way to lower your monthly expenses! If you have the movie channels and are only watching 2 movies a month it probably isn’t worth the extra money. Perhaps you can get rid of cable all together and try for Netflix. Hey you can even try for the free 30 day trial, then next month do the free Red Box trial. Then Hulu…then Amazon…and get about 3-4 months of FREE trials!
3. Telephone Bill: We just use our cell phones. Each year it is best to call them and re-evaluate. Are you paying for too many minutes, too much data, etc. Will you consider doing a cheaper plan (check in to TING they use a popular phone tower for their service but under a huge savings)? I read that you can lower your $200 bill to more than half!
4. Average Bill Pay: If you live in an are with 4 seasons, why pay more for gas and more for electric during different parts of the year. It stinks when you have a high month you didn’t expect! So call them and see if they can get you on a monthly average plan!
5. Entertainment and Eating Out: Okay ONLY eat out if you have a deal or coupon and don’t eat out more than once a week. This adds up so much. If you are wanting to lower your expenses, eat at home! Create a meal plan like E-meals.
What are your other ideas? I love comments!