I’ve finally stepped up my Mexican pizza recipe with flour tortillas. I would still make them like I did in college…salsa, meat (sometimes) and cheese and heat it up. They weren’t good, nobody in the family liked them, but they were quick and easy. I wanted a delicious, authentic tasting Mexican pizza with more ingredients and something more substantial that could actually be used as a dinner. This recipe is quick and easy and will give you a meal that your family is sure to love!
Save this recipe by pinning it for later!
Mexican Pizza Recipe With Flour Tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 small can sliced olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take 2 baking sheets and spray them with non-stick spray. Place tortillas on each baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, carefully flip tortillas over while they’re still in the oven and then bake another 5 minutes to crisp on the other side. Tortillas are ready when they are a slight golden color and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. Spread a thin layer of beans on one tortilla. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture. Place another tortilla on top of the meat. Spread 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the top tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and pepper-jack cheese. Add a few dices of tomato, green onion and olives.
- Repeat to make other pizzas
- Place pizzas on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy 🙂
This recipe would be great with this Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe and a Side of Chips!
Check out these recommended posts:
[catlist id=179 thumbnail=yes numberposts=6 template=enza]