Ever since I was little my parents would cook us Pasta with Potatoes. This pasta is more of a soup and is a really great comfort food. It is high in carbs but totally delicious and very filling! The great taste of the sauce and potatoes with pasta with keep you full and warm you up!
Pasta With Potatoes Video
Pasta With Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients you Need:
3/5 lb of Pasta (any shape works but if you use spaghetti or angel hair I would break them in smaller pieces).
8-9 Potatoes (peeled and cut in slices).
I can of Tomato Sauce (small can in the canned good section of the grocery store). You want to use about 8-9 oz.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 TSP of Garlic Powder
Bay Leaves (or the seasoning to sprinkle in — very little)
Pasta with Potatoes Directions
1. In a medium sauce pan add extra virgin olive oil and garlic powder with a little salt and pepper until golden on medium heat.
2. Once your pan starts to sizzle add the can of tomato sauce and still it in with the oil. Let it cook and stir it for only a minute or two.
3. Then you will want to add water and potatoes to the pot. The water should JUST cover the potatoes. Let the potatoes cook on medium heat stirring it occasionally until they are tender and soft to eat.
4. Add a little bit more salt, pepper, and garlic powder (not too much) to taste.
5. In a separate pan cook the pasta in boiling water. Drain and add potatoes. This dish is now ready to serve!
6. Add some cheese on the top for some extra flavor!