What does a smART Sketcher Do? With the new “virtual learning” initiative in the United States to help stop the spread of Covid-19, most families are looking for new educational toys to keep their kids engaged. We were so excited to do a smART Sketcher Projector Review.
Since our original review, the company has come up with a second version of this projector.
We found that art is our go-to for us distress and learning from worksheets isn’t the best way to keep our kids engaged. This post is sponsored by smART Sketcher Projector and can contain affiliate links at no cost to you.
smART Sketcher Projector
smART Sketcher Projector 2.0
Since our original product review, Flycatcher came out with a newer version. The original one can’t be found unless you are planning on spending more than the original price. The new one has the following features.
- Learn to draw & sketch platform
- Compliments STEAM learning & encourages creativity
- Step-by-step sketching at your own pace
- Project any image using Free app for iOS and Android
- Recommended for ages 5 to 105!
You can purchase this version straight from FlyCatcher.
The Mobile App
Whether you have ios or Android you can download the app by searching “smART sketcher Projector” and installing the app. Kids can learn to trace and then use those skills to try to draw on their own. As an adult, I enjoy doing photographs.
You can download the manual if you lost it here. It was really easy to set it up.
smART Sketcher Projector Review the Original
This is a fun toy to teach kids how to draw and comes with an app and various different educational games that you can plug in and use.
You are able to draw items from the smART Sketcher App or even take your own pictures to draw. There are also fun games that the app comes with.
My girls were so excited to play with this projector. I found that I ended up using it as well. I thought it was a great way to practice my drawing. I do a lot of art and DIY online and I thought that this was fun.
About smART Sketcher Projector
- smART sketcher™ Projector is the next great product for promoting artistic ability, fine motor development, and STEAM education skills using 21st-century technology.
- If your kid is wanting to learn to draw this is a great way to get started. They could even practice making a pretty straight flip book using scene-by-scene drawings. The settings to help you draw and outline are very neat and easy to use.
- Additionally, this was developed by the innovative Flycatcher Inc. team, smART sketcher Projector allows children and adults to transform photos taken from their smart devices into a sketch.
- By using the free smART sketcher app, photos are filtered and transferred via Bluetooth to the projector. Instantly users will see their desired image projected onto paper. Users are able to draw anything the eye can see with just a touch of a button.
- The projector also comes with pre-loaded micro SD cards that are filled with a variety of activities including step-by-step drawings, learn-to-write letters and numbers, early spelling skills, and more. Additional SD cards can be purchased separately to keep the creative learning going. The possibilities are endless!
You may think about purchasing a writing desk and setting up a cute art area for your kid. This is great way to teach creativity at a young age too. The Melissa and Doug desk is a great option for kids!