This post is part of the SPLENDA® Brand Sweet Life blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
Splenda® Apple Dumplings Recipe
These Splenda® Apple Dumplings are so easy to make and are so good! Are you craving something sweet but are wanting less calories! Using the new Splenda® Sugar Blend in these very easy Apple Dumplings will reduce your calories!
Spring is a great time to cut those extra calories and clean out the foods you don’t want to eat out of your cabinets! Replace items that are old, expired, or you feel guilty when you eat.
Did you know that swapping one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, you can save more than 600 calories! I created this recipe with real sugar and more butter years ago and stopped making it because I could feel the calories go straight to my hips! So I came up with this new recipe that is sure to make your family and mouth happy! Visit SweetSwaps.com!
1 Can of Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 Cup of Splenda® Sugar Blend Use regular Splenda for even less calories!
3 TBS of Sugar
3 TBS of Margarine
1/2 cup of Diet 7up
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
2. Cut each Apples in 8 pieces. By cutting them in half they will cook a little better than being a big 1/4 chunk.
3. Melt margarine.
4. In a separate bowl mix Splenda® Sugar Blend and Cinnamon.
2. Place one crescent triangle and wrapt it around the two apple slices while stretching it as tight as you can. Dip each one in melted margarine. Then in the Sugar mix. Place in baking dish.
3. Layer your baking dish with the apples. Then poor the rest of the sugar mix on all of them evenly.
4. Poor the 7 up lightly around each of the apples.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
Splenda Apple Dumplings Calorie Estimate
1 Crescent Roll is 100 Calories
1/4 Apple is 20 Calories
6 TBS of Sugar/Splenda Mis is 60 Calories
Each one is about 180 Calories!