Here is our Best Receipt Scan Apps List from all the apps that we have tried and have earned Cash Back pretty quickly!
I have loved bargain shopping but as technology has advanced there have been more and more apps where clipping coupons is soon to be a thing of the past.
I don’t think coupons will ever go away, but the way the average bargain shopper saves money has been more and more by using apps!
You should always answer “yes” whenever you are at the store and the clerk asks, “Would you like a receipt?”
Receipts turn into cash on several apps and they are very easy to snap a picture of and earn money or gift cards! My first gift card option is always Amazon where I load up my account and purchase items when I find stuff for sale!
This post may contain affiliate links and that means if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
This list will continue to grow! If you have one that you have been really successful with, feel free to reach out to me via e-mail. I am happy to test it out and add it to our list!
Best Receipt Scan Apps List
- Upside: Upside is a GREAT and easy way to save and get Cash Back on Gas and eating out. So far they have pushed over some great promos too! You can earn up to 25 cents back and there is a signup bonus for an additional 25 cents. That means just for signing up if you fill up 15 gallons that could already be $7.50 back! upside is a free cash back app that users can earn up to 25¢/gallon cash back on gas. Use the new “Check In” feature and skip the receipt when filling up at one of their stations! upside users earn up to 25¢/gallon cash back on gas, up to 45% cash back at restaurants, and up to 30% cash back at grocery stores!
- Fetch Rewards: Probably one of my favorite Receipt Scan Apps to use! Earn free gift cards for doing nothing to help support your shopping addiction! Reminder! Link your Amazon account (and other retailers who email you e-receipts to your Fetch app.) If you are in my Amazon Freebie group our FREE orders count for points! Let me know how many points you have after linking!Don’t have the free app yet? Sign up with this referral (and get 2,000 points): Sign UP here.
Or type code V1N15MAfter you sign up click on ME and then e-receipts to connect to your Amazon. All the free orders give you points!
- Coin Out: This app is super easy to use! Right after I scan my receipts with Fetch I also scan them on Coin Out! Link your e-mails and your Amazon account to earn more. I take one day a week to make sure I scan my email and online accounts or I do it when it reminds me to earn more coins!
- Receipt Hog: This one is another one where you can take pics of your receipts, link your e-mail, and other shopping apps like Amazon. You also earn Hog Spins which earns you more chances to win! Use my link here (referral code wil69965) and earn some free Hog Spins with the first picture of a receipt you scan! You can also forward receipts to [email protected]
- Receipt Jar: Another app with similar features as Receipt Hog! When you sign up using our code you get a bonus 200 POINTS when you scan your first receipt! When you download the app use the code: ENZAKQCTP for your bonus points prior to scanning your first receipt.
- Receipt Pal: I purposely put this one toward the end of the list, only because there is a limit on how many you can scan a week. When I organize my receipts I have to put several in a separate envelope to scan later. Look at my organization system below. Sign up for Receipt Pal today.
- Ibotta: No I didn’t forget about Ibotta! Before Ibotta was launched the creators reached out to me and 9 other influencers to Beta test it and we knew it was a thing before anyone else! It was quite exciting and if you are used to coupon shopping it is a GREAT app! But like Ibotta and Swagbucks, currently, you have to clip specific coupons before scanning apps making it a bit more time-consuming than the other ones I listed. Ibotta is good because every week they have Any Brand Scans but you can also link your shopping perks cards for even more deals!
Tips on Using these Best Receipt Scan Apps
- Get organized and get your entire family in on it. The kids and your spouse should be saving receipts to give to you.
- Create an easy filing system so that you can update and scan your apps a couple of times a week. I like doing it while we are watching TV as a family.
- Make sure you do it two times a week. For some of the apps, you only have 7 days to scan. If you wait a week you might have a few floating receipts.