We have a fun Cars 3 Craft that will have your little ones enjoying some fun for awhile! This is a frugal craft and you might have everything you need already at home! The new Cars movie is the third movie from the series and it hits theaters this month! Be sure to also follow my adventures as I will be interviewing the cast and heading to the Cars 3 Red Carpet in LA! This Mater paper plate is fun, easy and great for parties and we know there will tons of Cars themed parties this summer! I am excite to also share that one of my interviews will be with Larry the Cable Guy!
If you would like to see a Lightning McQueen paper plate craft, be sure to check out our other posts!
Cars 3 Craft: Mater Paper Plate
1 large white paper plate
Construction paper – white, black, green
2. Cut out the windshield from the white construction paper. It should be 9 inches wide (width of the plate) and 3 inches long. Set aside the remaining white paper for the teeth and eyes.
3. Cut out 2 circles from the green construction paper for Mater’s eyes about the size of a silver dollar.
4. Cut out 2 circles, traced around a quarter, from the black construction paper for the eye pupils.
5. Cut out a large mouth from the black construction paper. It doesn’t have to be a perfectly shaped mouth – I made it a bit uneven on one end since Mater’s mouth is a bit crooked. Set aside the remaining paper for Step 7.
6. From the leftover white construction paper, cut out 2 small circles, about the size of a pencil eraser. Cut out 6-7 teeth, of different sizes. I made some wider and a bit longer than others. Set aside.
7. For the 2 headlights, cut out a quarter size circle from the grey construction paper and another quarter size circle from the black construction paper.
8. Apply glue to the back of both eye pupils and place in the middle of each eye. Glue the tiny white circles onto the upper right part of each pupil. Glue the eyes on to the windshield.
9. Glue the windshield onto the paper plate and press down firmly.
10. Glue the mouth onto the plate and place towards the bottom of the plate. Apply glue to the back of each tooth and place in the mouth, in random order so they look a bit crooked.
11. Apply glue to the back of the grey and black headlights and attach to each side of the face (across from the top of the mouth). I placed the grey headlight on the left side and the black headlight on the right side.
About Cars 3:
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.