The latest installment of the Cars series hits theaters on June 16th and we are so excited! I will be going to the red carpet premiere in LA and already have tickets to take my family when the movie releases! This Cars 3 Craft: Lightning McQueen paper plate is fun, easy and great for parties and we know there will tons of Cars themed parties this summer!
Enjoy this DIY craft that your kids will love!
Be sure to check out our Cars Mater paper plate craft!
Cars 3 Craft: Lightning McQueen Paper Plate
1 large white paper plate
Construction paper: black, white, yellow and blue
HOW TO ASSEMBLE:
1. Paint the front of the paper plate red and set aside.
2. With the white construction paper, cut out the windshield. Make sure it’s at least the length of your paper plate. Set aside the rest of the white paper for Step 6.
3. For the eyes, cut out 2 circles from the blue construction paper. I used a spice lid to trace around. You want the circle to be a bit larger than a quarter since that will be the size of the pupil.
4. For the pupils, cut out 2 circles, traced around a quarter, from the black construction paper.
5. Cut out a large mouth from the black construction paper.
6. Cut out 2 smaller “smiles” from the white construction paper for the teeth. These need to be small enough to fit into the large black mouth.
7. Cut out 2 lightning bolts from the yellow construction paper, about 3 inches in length. I drew the shape of one, cut it out and then traced around it for the second bolt.
8. Apply glue to the back of both eye pupils and place in the middle of each eye. Glue the eyes on to the windshield.
9. Apply glue to the back of the windshield and to the paper plate. Place the windshield onto the paper plate and press down firmly.
10. Apply glue to the back of the large mouth and place towards the bottom of the plate. Apply glue to the back of the teeth and place in the mouth, one up at the top and one below.
11. Apply glue to the back of each lightning bolt and attach to both sides of the face (across from the top of the mouth).
About Cars 3:
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.