Cream Puffs are probably the easiest and fanciest looking desserts that you can make! We have them for every birthday celebration in our family! I previously shared my mom’s recipe and it was a huge hit with all of you! This one is quite fancier and just as easy! You can add cherry filling for some yummy Cherry Filled Cream Puffs! My parents are from Italy and these are super popular along with our Cannoli recipe!
Cherry Filled Cream Puffs
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of water
1 cup all-purpose Flour
½ cup Butter
Cherry Vanilla Filling:
1 package of vanilla pudding, prepared
1 cup of cherry pie filling
Garnish with powdered sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot over high heat bring butter and water to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, lower heat to medium and mix together until it becomes a ball form. Place dough in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in one egg at a time, being sure it’s well mixed before adding another. Repeat for all four eggs.
4. In an ungreased pan, drop in 1 tablespoon of dough at a time.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one teaspoon of vanilla pudding and then ½ teaspoon of cherry filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff. You can add a thin icing glaze on top if you would like along with the powder sugar!
Makes 26 puff pastries.