Everyone must see Disney’s The Odd Life of Timothy Green. I have screened this movie twice and I loved it the first time and I loved it even more the second time I watched it! This movie can be seen on so many different levels. It will get you choked up, make you crack up, and remind you to “love and be loved”. Peter Hedges, the director, did an amazing job in creating a magical movie with so many life lessons that every family can relate to for inspiration & motivation!
Academy Award®–nominated director/writer Peter Hedges (“Dan in Real Life,” What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?”) brings enchantment to the screen with “The Odd Life of Timothy Green,” an inspiring, magical story about a happily married couple, Cindy and Jim Green (Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton), who can’t wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like. When young Timothy (CJ Adams) shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, Cindy and Jim—and their small town of Stanleyville—learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life’s greatest gifts.
When young Timothy suddenly comes into the lives of Cindy and Jim Green, they learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life’s greatest gifts.
Timothy Green’s Life Lessons
1. “If you want to make him laugh, tell him YOUR plans.” This is one of my favorite quotes that was discussed years ago at a bible study that I was a part of. I loved this quote. Timothy Green’s parents wanted to make a child so bad. They tried everything and fertility was in their plans but not in their cards they were given in life. There comes a point where you have to bury those things in life that are not possible and as soon as you stop trying, looking, and worrying miracles happen. Cindy and Jim Green (parents) decided it was time to dream of the child they want and bury their hopes and dreams to move on in life. They literally sat down one night and dreamed up all of the characteristics that they wanted in a child. They took their hopes and dreams and put them in a box to bury in their garden. As soon as they had that disconnect they were given the magical gift of a child. And BOY was it magical!
2. Another life lesson: The sun will always rise and to look up to it. If you know that each day is a new day and you feed yourself the fuel of this lesson you will live a more positive lifestyle.
3. “Dream it. Draw it. Build it.” It is okay to dream! There are several things in The Odd Life of Timothy Green that prove to the audience that if you dream it to build it.
4. Seasons always change. Your life is a season. Time on earth is short but lasts a lifetime. As seasons change they also cycle. If you live your life as a season you know to live to your fullest. I know that I want to go to the pool on the last sunny day. I want to play in the snow because it might be the last snowfall of the year.
5. Love and be loved.
6. If you don’t know…it won’t hurt you. Timothy’s parents want to protect him so much from being hurt and want him to have the best lifestyle. They are protective over him out of love.
7. Never give up & living with loss. “It is nothing you did. It is how it is supposed to be.” This is when Timothy loses his last leaf. He continues to talk to his parents (Cindy & Jim) by telling them to “never give up”.
On August 15th go and see “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”!!! You will want to take your family to this movie. I predict it is going to do AMAZING in the box office! I imagine this movie being played over and over again as a classic! It has everything that I picture Disney to be in this film: magic, family, love, innocence, fun, & life!
If you go and check out the Odd Life of Timothy Green’s fan page!
Be sure to also follow @OddLifeMovie on twitter.
I have written many posts about this movie. Be sure to read about “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”, be sure to read them all to learn more about the movie, watch more clips, and get fun activities!
You’re Invited to a Q & A with Jennifer Garner (Cindy Green)!