Disclaimer: I was sent on an expense paid press trip to LA to cover this event. All opinions and awesomeness are a true! I was not compensated for any of my words.
I recently went to LA and attended a press event for Big Hero 6! My day was filled with an amazing itinerary and I can’t wait to share ALL the information with all of you!
Our event took place in Burbank on the Walt Disney lot in the Walt Disney Animation Studios building! Like a kid at heart we were all so excited to be there that we took pictures like tourists in front of the building! We did all sorts of posing including jumping in mid air!
We first met with the Big Hero 6 filmmakers: Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams. While meeting with them we asked and learned some of the amazing details of the creation of Big Hero 6! Interviewing directors and producers are my FAVORITE people to interview. Their passion is radiant!
——-INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS with Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams——-
- Big Hero 6 was an amazing movie. As some of you know I was invited and attended an entire press trip for this movie including attending the Red Carpet. While in LA I sat down with Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams and Producer Roy Conli from Big Hero 6. We talked about some amazing things in the interview and I know that they will attract a lot of Marvel fans as well as Disney fans.
- The directors were attracted to the title of the movie and the emotional hook.
- The actual creators of Big Hero 6 books LOVED the movie as well.
- They LOVE the fact that all of the action scenes feel different and unique from each other.
- Besides Baymax, Don Hall feels like he identifies with Fred the most.
- The movie is packed with tiny details.
- When starting on the film, one of the first things that the directors and producer does is they go in to the creation of the World. They were told NOT to worry about the Marvel Universe and that they can create their own world. So when they came up with San Fransokyo, Lassiter was sold because those were his “two favorite places” in the world.
- I had to ask them about the tech addiction: When creating the film was there a reason you wanted to tell a story of a boy creating a relationship with a robot because of how attached people are with their smart phones and technology today? The answer was, “no”…the story is all about the relationship with Hiro and Baymax. Baymax cares about taking care of Hiro although he is sometimes confused with Hiro asks him to do other things.
We then interviewed Jamie Chung and Genesis Rodriguez, two stars from the movie. I will share the details of that interview soon!
When you go and see Big Hero 6, you are going to FALL IN LOVE with the short FEAST! We interviewed the director Patrick Osborne and the Producer Kristina Reed.
We then had a few activity sessions that were SO amazing! You will get to see and hear more soon! We were able to go in the recording booth (yep, the same ones the actors and actresses used with recording their voices for the movie.), we did a drawing demonstration with Jin Kim, the character design supervisor on Big Hero 6, and then we met with the crew and game producer Mark Orgel for the new Disney Infinity 2.0 game! The game already has Hiro and Baymax characters!
——-Drawing Lesson with Jin Kim——-
It was pretty amazing to get a tutorial on how to create my own Baymax! When I was little I totally wanted to be an artist! So learning from a real artist on how to create the drawing is an experience I won’t ever forget. He taught us how to sketch Baymax while using his pen on his tablet and photoshop. The nerd in me was totally getting out and I decided I needed a tablet where I can draw my own pictures instead of using a mouse in photoshop!
The day wasn’t over with out meeting with the Disney Consumer Products showcase of the new BIG HERO 6 toy line! I have filled up my Christmas toy shopping with some items from the cutest soft marshmallow-y star from Hollywood, Baymax! Check out some of the upcoming products very soon on my blog!