If you are LOVE donuts like our family and celebrating! You will love to do some National Donut Day Activities with your little ones! I created a list of fun activities that you can do with your kids! This year National Donut Day is Friday, June 4th! So be ready and get your Donuts today!
National Donut Day Activities
- Eat Donuts! We stocked up on Entenmann’s Donuts from our grocery store! They have variety packs and eating is an activity in itself!
- Create MINI donuts! You can find little Cheerio’s type cereal shapes and decorate them as MINI donuts! Kids will have a blast decorating them and playing with them! If you have little ones, what a FUN way to work on their fine motor skills!
- Create a “DONUT” list: Have your kids come up with DONUT signs like DONUT Sell Yourself Short, DONUT Sweat the Small Stuff, & DONUT Forget Where You Came From!
- Make a DONUT Cake! Stack those Entenmann’s Donuts into a cute pyramid of a cake! You got this dude!
- Decorate your OWN big DONUTS! You need construction paper and two big circles to trace! Trace, cut, and glue! Trimming your big donuts with a black marker really make them stand out!
National Donut Day freebies 2021🍩:
Here is a list of freebies below created by our friends from RetailMeNot.
They are offering a free bare, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar donut to everyone who visits us in-store on Friday, June 4, no purchase necessary.
On June 4, get a free classic donut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage at participating restaurants nationwide.
This year, customers can get two six-count Hostess Mini Donuts for just $4! Choose from powdered, chocolate-dipped and coffee cake crunch. Plus, customers can get their coffee delivered with BOGO-free on La Colombe ready-to-drink products.
On Friday, June 4, stop by a participating Krispy Kreme shop and receive one free doughnut of your choice.
LaMar’s Donuts & Coffee
Get a free doughnut on June 4! no purchase necessary.
Last year, you could get a free glazed donut with any purchase from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. on June 4. Rumors are that they will offer this again!
From Friday, June 4, through Sunday, June 6, this iconic Chicago donut shop is offering a free glazed cake donut with any purchase.
Select locations are offering free coffee and a free donut to celebrate National Doughnut Day between 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Then I found more…
Get the QT app and get a free Donut offer on Friday, June 4, no purchase necessary.
A Little Background on National Donut Day
The Salvation Army started National Donut Day in 1938. The day pays tribute to the “donut lassies,” which were female Salvation Army volunteers who provided the treats to soldiers on the front lines during World War I as a morale booster.
With restricted resources, these treats were fried—seven at a time. The lassies fried the donuts in soldiers’ helmets.
Today, The Salvation Army still plays an active role in supporting Donut Day. Salvation Army staff and volunteers celebrate the holiday by delivering donuts and hosting events across the country. This year, the organization is partnering with LaMar’s Donuts to supply doughnuts to hospital workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Make a donation here!
Previous Donut Day pictures: