5 Reasons Why to Watch the Bachelor – Exclusive Interview With Chris Harrison Season 20
You aren’t going to want to miss the 20th season of The Bachelor! Be sure to tune into ABC tonight and watch the most dramatic season yet! I have been a long time viewer of the Bachelor and this season is truly special! It at least appears that way! I have had the opportunity to interview Chris Harrison recently about the show AND I have already screened the first episode (minus the Rose Ceremony)! There are many reasons why to watch the Bachelor and I thought it would be fun to make you a LIST!
Why to Watch the Bachelor
5. The Drama – Like every TV show, ABC isn’t just looking for crazy and dramatic women, but they are looking for women with a GOOD story. If you are wondering why to watch the Bachelor this season it is a GUILTY pleasure for sure! I have learned AND watched that this year there are TWINS (eww), a couple of special familiar contestants (no spoilers from me), a horse, and jealousy! Yep, it is the first show and the lady claws have already come out. After all this show is about competition and filling an empty void in these ladies lives. Chris Harrison talked to us about the drama this season, “The drama has more been induced because of who Ben is…Just wear your heart on your sleeve and give yourself to the process.”
4. The Programming – During The Bachelor’s first season, we learned that ABC was really struggling. “The ratings were terrible.” They had shows ending and The Bachelor really woke up the station! By the second season they had 33 million people watching the show! The ratings for this show were and are crazy! To what I learned ABC has really brought new season up a notch! This season there will be at least 10 two-hour episodes and specials! That alone tells me that this season’s stories have to be good!
3. The Unpredictability – Of course we know that Chris Harrison is going to call the Rose Ceremonies “the most dramatic” but they really are…aren’t they? You can’t write a script for these shows. These are real people all dating the same guy. Of course, ABC can plan out dates, they can only show you clips that tell a good story, but people’s TRUE personalities come out. Chris mentioned that they “don’t have to cast crazy”. He looked at us 25 mom bloggers and said, “If I lock these doors right now, I promise you, half this room are crazy.”
2. The Process – The process of the show works. The relationships may or may not…but the process works. Just imagine instead of going on a few dates a month with different people for a couple of years…you smash that all together and just get a chance to date everyone and try to really listen to you heart. Of course, there are cameras, fancy dates, lights, and fame…but the true colors of the contestants usually do show the longer they remain on the show. Chris explains, “So if all you do is wake up and think about Ben, and think about dating Ben, and think about your own life and where you are in your own life, it doesn’t mean it’s going to work. I don’t guarantee that it’s going to work but I guarantee at the end of this process, you’ll know if it does or it doesn’t and you’ll also learn if you’re ready to actually commit to something.”
1. Ben Higgins – Ben is young and perfect. Right?! Everyone is SO excited to watch Ben find love! He is the number one reason on why to watch the Bachelor this season! He really is the guy that all the girls like! Many of them love him already! Well they LOVE him they aren’t “in love” with him. That is how I believe all relationships start…like, love, in-love. Read about Ben below…It will be BEN-ificial to know him a bit before you watch these ladies meet him in real life:
Ben Higgins, the handsome software salesman who was sent home by Kaitlyn Bristowe last season on “The Bachelorette,” confessed to Kaitlyn that he thought he was “unlovable.” Even so, he saw a “great life” with her, only to have his hopes dashed and his heart broken when he was left without a rose. Now, Ben is ready to open himself up again to love, but he still has the lingering fear of being unlovable. He will attempt to put his heartbreak behind him and overcome that fear as he searches for his one true love and, maybe more importantly, a woman who loves him back, when he stars in the milestone 20th season of ABC’s hit romance reality series, “The Bachelor,” premiering January 4, 2016.
Ben grew up in the Indiana town of Warsaw in America’s heartland. While Ben currently resides in Denver, Colorado, his heart will always be in Indiana with his family. Ben is the only son of loving, married parents David and Amy, a union that has been going strong for thirty-four years. He wants nothing more than to find the kind of love that his parents have. And he’s ready. While only 26, Ben is wise beyond his years. An avid traveler and a champion of varied cultures, he has worked at a zoo in Peru, traveled through the jungles of Bolivia, and even hiked the spiritual trails of famed Machu Picchu.
This successful, sensitive and handsome 6’4” bachelor loves basketball, hiking, fishing, and stimulating conversation. He almost has it all. Now he just needs the right woman to love, and for her to love him back. And he truly believes he will find his soul mate on “The Bachelor.”
Tune into your ABC station and watch the Bachelor tonight, January 4, 2016 at 7pm CST!