Disclaimer: I was provided this Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat to review and share with all of you! All opinions are my own and I was not compensated to share this review. YES, we really do love our new car seat, and so does our big girl!
This month is Car Seat safety month and here is what you should look for when picking out a NEW car seat for your baby:
- I was going to make a long list but all that comes to me is safety!
The dreaded time came…my baby’s car seat wasn’t going to make it past August. This is frustrating for two reasons, one I’ve got to figure out what I trust to put such precious cargo in. Two I have to break the news to the hubby that he’s going to have to install a new car seat. Anyone who’s done this knows, once in they’re really usually easy, but getting them in often times causes more frustration than long division or word problems.
So here’s my task, find a car seat I trust that’s easy enough to install for poor Steve that wed don’t need a round of couples therapy! I found the NextFit Convertible Car Seat from Chicco. We’ve had Chicco products in the past and really loved them! So that was a good start, now fact finding. This seat will take your kid from five pounds up to 65, so this should be the last seat you have to buy for your kiddo! Next it has 9 different reclining positions. This should largely eliminate having to level your seats out with towels and shims to get that bubble to hit the mark! More importantly it promised to be easy to install…but this was the right seat for my little jeep!
So how’d it go, well if you know Steve he’s the ultimate pessimist. His reaction to seeing the car seat arrive was comparable to Mary Lou Who discovering the Grinch stole Christmas. After whining, pouting and being mad he started to approach tackling the project, ten minutes later he came back in and parked back on the couch. “Ten minutes? All that fuss over ten minutes?” I asked, he responded by smirking and saying “They usually suck…wasn’t bad. That thing’s a tank!” So I loved it for all the right reasons and hubby loved it because he caught the beginning of the Royals game the night he installed it.
Here are some of the features of this product that make it stand out in the crowd:
- 9 Recline Positions –ReclineSure® Leveling System provides the most recline options of any convertible seat for an accurate fit in more vehicles!
- 6 Headrest Positions- Adjustability means fit-ability as your child grows from rear-facing to forward-facing.
- 2-Position Chest Clip- Accommodates growing children in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes. Removable shoulder pads provide easy cleaning.
- Removable Seat Pad- The Zip&Wash ™ seat pad zips out for easy cleaning.
- Dual Level-Indicators- Two RideRight® bubble levels indicate correct seat angle in both rear and forward-facing modes.
- Kid-Ready Harness- ComfortFlex™ Harness Management System features a padded, flex-out design to keep the harness up and out of the way for easy in/out!
- Cup holder- Thermal-insulated cup holder for use on either side of the car seat
They’ve thought of everything and everyone in this model! It is awesome!!! Check out all of Chicco’s products!
The 9 recline positions feature is something I really like about this seat. It looks very comfortable and definitely well padded for safety and comfort too.
I’m glad they are making baby/child seats easier to put in – where you can see if you’ve installed it correctly. Looks very versatile with the different reclining positons.
Wow at the 9 recline positions! Car seat shopping is always so stressful to me. I have to compare and compare and compare! Looks like a great option.
Mama to 5 BLessings says
What a cute photo! I love this idea, my husband uses a pool noodle when our kids seats are not level, what a pain.
I totally agree!! Safety is the most important thing!