Top 10 Reasons you want to follow the yellow brick road to go and see Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful!
10. The vivid colors and 3D effects are amazing! I had the opportunity to watch this movie at the Red Carpet Event & at the Kansas City Union Station New Theater. The colors were amazingly vivid and I have never seen anything like it before! Spend the extra money and go and find the best screen in your city.
9. James Franco and the witches are some GREAT eye candy! They look amazing!
8. The costumes.
7. Feeling like a kid again. This is prequel to the Wizard of Oz. Going back to learn more about the story definitely gives you some flashbacks!
6. Life lessons. You can find some life lessons about getting your heart broke, dealing with selfishness, growing within, and more.
5. Flying! Every kid loves to fly! Every adult dreams they can fly! There is flying in hot air balloons, bubbles, brooms….monkeys fly, witches fly…SO MUCH FUN FLYING!
4. Family Movie: There are some scary parts to the movie that will keep your kids AND you on the edge of your seat! So if your kids are no longer toddlers they are going to LOVE it! Both times watching the movie there was ONE part I literally jumped! The excitement you feel throughout the movie is amazing!
3. Tricks: There are some tricks in the plot line that you won’t figure out and will catch you in surprise.
2. China Girl: The cutest little girl that does makes the movie!
1. Flying Monkey, Finley: Finley (and China Girl) make the movie. You will FALL in LOVE with them! Finley is the character that every time he came on screen…I would smile, laugh, and my heart would open up!
I was honored to review Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful in L.A. for the Red Carpet Premiere! This film was VERY good! I felt like I was in a ride during the movie! The 3D effects and all of the action made it feel like I wasn’t only watching the movie, but I was a part of it!
Oz The Great and Powerful is a prequel of the movie Wizard of Oz! Disney went back to the original books of L. Frank Baum and told the story of the Wizard going to Oz! It is definitely a film to take your entire family to go and see. If you loved the Wizard of Oz growing up, your kids are going to love Oz The Great and Powerful. Sam Raimi said by the time parents are ready to grab their kids during the scary parts, the part is over. It is true! The entire movie has you on the edge of your seat!
Oscar Diggs (The Wizard), played by James Franco is a small town Kansas struggling magician that is unethical and selfish. He gets caught in a Tornado and it takes him to the Land of Oz. He thinks he has found endless fortune and exciting new life! He meets 3 witches played by Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, and Michelle Williams. He learns that he has to convince the Wicked Witch of his Wizardy and all of the fortune is his to keep.
Oscar has to figure out which witch is evil he uses his magic and throughout the process finds himself to be a better person. You see a true change in his character.
Throughout his venture he meets his new sidekick, a flying monkey, played my Zach Braff (in 9 seasons of Scrubs). His character is so cute and funny. At times you feel sorry for him because of how James treats him in the beginning. He also comes across a real life China Doll, played by Joey King, who forces a bit of Oscar’s sensitive side!
You will learn that the Wicked Witch is that gets her heart broken. She is wickedly evil and she is one of the 3 witches I mentioned! Can you take a guess who the Wicked Witch is….well if you are looking for some spoilers be sure to check out my interviews with the 3 witches below!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OzTheGreatAndPowerful
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/disneyozmovie
Disclaimer: I was sent to L.A. for the Red Carpet Premiere and expenses were paid by Disney.