With Disney’s Jungle Book hitting theaters, it is only fun for us to come up with a Jungle Book themed recipe! Disney’s Jungle Book, the new live action movie, hits theaters on April 15, 2016. Create this amazing and sweet Samoa Monkey Bread recipe to enjoy prior or post going to the theater. If you love chocolate and carbs this one is definitely for you! Plus the Samoa Monkey Bread pulls apart so easily that you might even consider eating the leftovers for breakfast with your cup of coffee.
It has been years since I have seen the Jungle Book…of course I listen to some of the songs all of the time on my Pandora Disney radio station. So I can’t wait to bring back my childhood memories and fun by seeing the new movie! Be sure to enjoy the Samoa Monkey Bread Recipe below!
Samoa Monkey Bread Recipe
2 Cans of Pillsbury Biscuits
1/2 C Sugar
4 TBS Hershey Cocoa Baking Powder
1/2 C Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, Melted
2 TBS butter softened butter for roasting coconut
1 large egg
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 TSP vanilla
1/4 TSP sea salt.
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C sweetened shredded coconuts.
Ziploc bag for coating the biscuit pieces
Chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bundt cake pan with pam spray. Set aside.
- Cut the biscuit into 8 pieces and place aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cocoa and mix.
- Once mixed, add into the ziplock bag as well as the biscuits. Shake bag until all pieces are coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Take half of the coated biscuits and place them into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips onto the biscuits and pour half of the butter mixture.
- Repeat the same step with the rest of the biscuits, butter and chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the monkey bread is baking, in a small pan. melt the 2 tbs of butter and pour in the coconut.
- Using a spatula, brown up the coconut and then pull aside to cool.
- When the timer goes off, pull it out. The center will still be jiggly.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before place the serving plate on top of the pan and flipping the pan.
- Lightly tap the sides of the pan to loosen the monkey bread.
- Once the monkey bread is out and onto the place. drizzle chocolate sauce and sprinkle the roasted coconut on top.
About the Movie:
Be sure to check out my Jungle Book Movie Review. Plays in theaters everywhere April 15th!
Purchase tickets from Fandango.com today.