Disclaimer: Sponsored by ABC Family. I was sent on an all expense paid trip and asked to share my experience in a Meet & Greet with the #YoungAndHungry Cast.
If you haven’t watched the hit TV show, “Young & Hungry”, on #ABCFamily, then tonight would be a great day to start watching it. I have been watching it every week since June and I am falling in love with the cast. The show is light hearted and has some dynamic relationships in it. Plus, the characters all have some great personality. The show is based on a real life food blogger named Gabi Moskowitz from BrokeAss Gourmet. ABC Family picked up her show idea and she gets to stay on set and inspire some of the foods on the show and actually blogs about it. So when sitting down with several of the stars from the show I created these nice lists which added up are 34 things you didn’t now about the cast of Young & Hungry!
The set up was like a fancy speed dating round table event where 5 bloggers each had the opportunity to talk with each star for about 10-15 minutes each. We stuck to the Q&A style but we had fun building some fun rapport.
During this portion of my #ABCFamilyEvent trip, I was able to sit down and talk with Emily Osment (“Gabi Diamond”), Aimee Carrero (“Sofia Rodriguez”), Rex Lee (“Elliot Park”), Jonathan Sadowski (“Josh Kaminski”) and Executive Producer David Holden.
So first we sat and chatted with Jonathan. So here are several things we learned that you might not have known about him.
- Poor Jonathan was on crutches and sarcastically told us he hurt himself saving a young little boy from a swing set.
- Personality: What a funny and sweet guy. I see a lot of his real personality in real life.
- I learned that he really does like technology and is actually a “magic” geek. He is a member of the Magic Castle.
- He once wrote a guest post about his hot sauce. He earned a hot sauce badge.
- His favorite part of the show is the live audience.
- He hates the cast. J/K (that was his joke not mine.)
- He does a lot of improv.
- The season finale is going to be unbelievable.
Rex was super fun to talk to! Any Entourage fans?! You will remember Rex Lee! So here are some things we learned about Rex:
- Raised to not trust people.
- Loves having a job.
- He things the writing is really funny (don’t we all).
- His roll was actually written for him, so he didn’t have to audition.
- He is like his character because he likes to control things.
- He doesn’t ad lib a lot.
- He likes Las Vegas and just recently went.
Emily Osment is the star of the show! Here are some of the things we learned about her:
- This was her first lead role (which we already knew).
- She didn’t realize how much stress this part would be.
- She is the youngest person on stage.
- Her audition had 4 call backs.
- She loves filming in front of a live audience.
Aimee Carrero one the biggest sweethearts. She is so smart and ambitious, you would just LOVE her!
- She was the ambitious voice of reason for some of her friends.
- She also enjoys the live audience.
- She got the job because she lied. She didn’t get called back and first and then said she hadn’t auditioned to re-audition in front of someone else.
- Her favorite food to eat on set is the Scandinavian food.
- She thinks comedy is hard.
- She has learned that she is more capable than what she gives herself credit for.
- She believes she has a lot to learn but is capable of learning it.
- She wanted to be a lawyer and was even a part of Model UN. She wanted to make a difference and feels like she can do that through comedy.
David Holden was the most genuine interview. He was so easy to talk to and we had so much fun.
- The show is fun to create.
- He loves food.
- He loves reading blogs.
- He loves to earn free travel airfare points and follows blogs on how to do that.
- He gained 30 lbs during production.
- During the 2nd episode the backdrop of the deck changed.
Tune in at 8:00pm ET/PT on ABC Family.
Jesse McCartney will be guest starring on this Wednesday’s (7/30) episode.