There is nothing more fun then Bees! Kids love Bees and one of my favorite Bee Theme Party is the one I shared several months back. These Honey Bee Mine Valentine’s Cakes are perfect for kids to enjoy and share with their classmates! If you don’t have kids they are just adorable to take to work to share with your co-workers! There are a lot of cute saying you can create with the word “bee”. There are also tons of Bee Themed Food ideas if you are thinking of having a party! Our Honey Bee Mine Valentine’s Cakes are a blast not only for Valentine’s Day but for all year round!
Bee Themed Food
1. Apple Juice and label it “Honey” to drink.
2. Bee themed food – chocolate covered pretzel sticks. Dip them in chocolate with yellow drizzle candy melt stripes!
3. Honey Bee Mine Valentine’s Cakes (recipe below)
Honey Bee Mine Valentines Cakes Recipe
• Hostess Twinkies Snack Cakes
• Wilton candy eyeballs
• White and Milk Chocolate chips to make modeling
• Black frosting
• Frosting (or use Nutella, peanut butter)
• Begin by preparing your modeling chocolate (recipe below). While the chocolate is cooling unwrap your Twinkies
• Once chocolate is cooled you have a nice chocolate clay to work with.
• Roll out black and white modeling chocolate to about 1/16″ thickness. Use a knife or pastry wheel to cut 1/2″ wide by 5″-6″ long strips from the brown. Gently shape these around your bee to make the stripes of the bee as pictured, cut off excess at the bottoms as needed.
• Using a sharp knife gently cut the wings from your white modeling chocolate, once cut to desired shape place them into the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow them to harden.
• Cut off about 1 1/2″ pieces, rolling them with your hands to make thin logs and curl up one end to make antennae. Once you have reached your desired shape place them into the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow them to harden.
• To finish decorating your bees, Use a dab of frosting to attach the wings and eyes. Use a toothpick to poke two holes in between the eyes and the first stripe. Then stick an antennae in each hole. Paint on a black frosting smile.
How to Make Modeling Chocolate
• 16 ounces chocolate
1/3 cup light corn syrup (add more if needed)
• Melt chocolate in small saucepan or in the microwave using 30 second intervals.
• Allow the chocolate to cool to about 91 degrees, stirring often. If you don’t have a thermometer, test the temperature of the melted chocolate by putting a drop on your finger. It should feel cool. If it’s hot, let it cool longer.
• Pour in corn syrup.
• Stir slowly until well mixed. This chocolate mixture will become thick very quickly, so be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to incorporate all of the melted chocolate.
• Pour mixture out onto a flat surface, using powdered sugar if needed to help shape the dough
• Knead until glossy and smooth. If your hands are warm us a plastic dough scraper to knead the modeling chocolate.
• Wrap the modeling chocolate in plastic wrap and place in a zip top bag or airtight container.
Check out these recommended posts:
- Chocolate Banana Split Cupcake Recipe
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies Recipe – Easy and Yummy
- Adorable Penguin Oreo Cookies with Ear Muffs Recipe
- Disney’s Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe – Blue Hot Chocolate
- Blue Fudge Recipe – Perfect Frozen Themed Snack
- Mint Oreo Balls Covered in White Chocolate Perfect For Frozen!