Are you looking for a drink that is yummy and fun to drink? Adding a Pop Rocks Rim to any drink is so much fun for a party or even to bring in the New Year!
This post contains affiliate links.
This drink sparkles and pops! One day I had the brilliant idea of rimming a glass with pop rocks! Want a louder and more vibrant pop? Then you will drink your pop with pop rocks.
Grown-ups like to rim their drinks with sugar or even salt because it is yummy and good. What if you want something more fun? Something obnoxious and loud!? Something that screams party?! Then rimming your fancy cups with pop rocks is so much fun!
I used Sprite because Sprite already looks sparkly! So when you have sparkle and pop you have the perfect drink for you and your kids! This recipe is super easy! We also love Sparkling Grape Juice.
You can’t rim your drink with fluid because the pop rocks would pop when you make it. So I used white candy melt. I prefer marshmallow flavor but really you can choose any color you want!
–Colored Pop Rocks (I used tropical punch and strawberry)
–Sprite or Sprite Zero
- Melt your candy. I use the microwave and in 30-second increments, I open it up and stir it really fast!
- I dip my glass rim in the melted candy and in another plate I have my color and flavor of choice Pop Rocks and I dip the glass in that.
- I pour in my soda! I let the candy harden just a bit by waiting 5 minutes before serving it!
Everyone loved these drinks! The picture doesn’t do them justice. I would definitely try making these for your kids or for guests! They will LOVE THEM!
Tips to Bring in the New Year that are Family Friendly:
If your family likes to party or even hang out at home in PJs there are some simple things you can do to bring in the New Year!
- Make these yummy-rimmed glasses and add Sparkling Grape Juice!
- Make some cute earrings and even a banner with your Cricut, the kids can help!
- We LOVE using bubble wrap as our noisemaker! I save them throughout the year and we cover our floor with it!
- Create fun crafts.
- Write some family New Year’s Resolutions.
- Play games with your family.