I love a wonderful soup during really cold Kansas City winter days, this delicious cheesy veggie chowder recipe will now be my go-to soup. Quick, easy, filling and makes your whole house smell wonderful! The best part of this recipe is you probably already have all of the ingredients in your house and in a few minutes you can enjoy this delicious and filling chowder!
Want to read now and make later? Don’t forget to pin this post below!
Cheesy Veggie Chowder
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped (feel free to add more celery if you like celery; I don’t, so I don’t add much)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté over medium heat until tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water, add, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened.
- Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through.
- Stir in cheese, allow to melt, and serve.
- Enjoy! ☺
Check out these recommended posts:
- Hot Chocolate Bombs List of recipes!
- 4th of July Dessert – Red White & Blue Cake!
- Backyard Barbecue Food Ideas – Ready to cook!
- WW 2 Point Spicy Tacos Recipe
- Carne Ammuddicata Recipe
- Italian Cream Puffs Made With Vanilla Pudding