So you are new to your Cricut Maker and you want to learn how to do Cricut Faux Leather Earrings. Perhaps you have seen them made or even have spent a lot of money on earrings that you have thought, “Hey, I can make these myself!” Or maybe you are even thinking of your own little side hustle to earn a bit of extra money from home. For me, crafting and blogging could be mental escape and my go to self care project. I wanted to teach you how to make your Cricut Faux Leather Earrings With Your Cricut Maker. This post contains affiliate links. At no cost to you, if you make a purchase we might earn a commission.
I am serious about unwinding with Crafts, I was even mentioned in Yahoo about how I unwind. Don’t you get that little kid feeling when you create a finished project that you can wear and show off?! Be sure to share your pictures of your Cricut Faux Leather Earrings. The steps below are how to make them with you Cricut Maker but if you are looking for how to make them with your Cricut Explore Air 2 I shared a step by step tutorial here.
Cricut Faux Leather Earrings With Your Cricut Maker
What you need:
Purple StrongGrip mat board
Cricut Genuine Leather
Deep Point Blade
Cricut Tool Set (weeder and scraper)
- Place your Cricut Genuine Leather shiny side down on your Purple mat board. Make sure it is secure by using your scraper tool and some painters tape to go around all the material for extra security from possible shifting.
- Insert your Deep Point Blade into your machine and move the white plastic rotary wheels to the right so that it doesn’t go over your fabric.
- Using more pressure cut your material once or twice. Use your weeder tool to take a corner and test it before deciding if it needs an additional cut or ready to remove.
- Remove from machine and mat board. You should have a crisp clear cut.
- Finally I used the earrings fish hook with ball at the end to save me from doing an extra jewelry piece!
Fancy them up with HTV
What you need:
Green Standard GripMat Board
Cricut Heat Transfer Vinyl
(Regular Blade and Machine)
Cricut Mini Press
- You just made your earrings above.
- Don’t forget to move your white wheels on your machine over again and put your regular fine blade back into your machine.
- Using HTV and your HTV setting cut your material.
- You will want to press your HTV on a low setting on your genuine leather earrings from Cricut.
Watch my TikTok video below:
@enzasbargainsHow to make earrings on your new Cricut machine. Do you think black on blk looks good? ##diy ##craft ##cricut ##earrings ##design ##crafting
The title of your post says faux leather but everything in your actual post says genuine leather. I’m asking because I’m struggling with ironing HTV onto faux leather and am looking for help.
Enza Ketcham says
Oh, you are right. I used Cricut’s Genuine Leather for them but often will use faux with the same steps.