I was honored to pair up with Verizon, travel to Chicago, and get trained on their NEW Blackberry Z10 device! As a former Blackberry user it felt like I was being introduced again to former love. My first Blackberry and I had a love/hate relationship. My biggest hang up was every time I had to turn my phone off it took 30 minutes to turn back on for me. Well this was years ago. NOW, Blackberry has a new touch screen smart phone! I was asked to give an honest review so here I am doing that!
What I LOVE about the phone! (I am not going to use the technical terms.)
- The phone runs smoothly! It turns on and off and I don’t have to wait forever.
- BBM is back! Plus, we were told that eventually they want to open up the BBM to anyone. This is Blackberry Messenger and if you love chatting it is great!
- The HOTSPOT! So this comes with every Verizon phone. I have a Jetpack that I use for work, but having it on my phone is awesome! One less thing I have to carry around.
- The Camera feature! You can take a picture (where it actually records a short video). Then you can select the people’s face in the picture and determine their best look. SO if you have ever had to take a picture with a group of kids you can select their faces and get them all looking at the same time! This is so cool!
- The Keyboard! I love the keyboard more than my current phone. It predicts the word I am going to type and I can just select it. Deleting is easy with just swiping backwards on your keyboard with 1, 2, or 3 fingers depending on how many words you want to delete.
- The video maker app! So fun! Take a few videos and pictures of an event. Select them and it automatically makes a video for you with the stills and video!
- It has some great features for the business world too. Since I am using it for personal I haven’t had a chance to play with them yet, but you will want to check it out.
What I don’t like.
- I am an app addict! I like apps for everything. Right now since this phone is so new they are still developing apps for the Blackberry. It does have Facebook, twitter, YouTube, and the main ones. I just like searching for apps every time I enter a store or restaurant to score more discounts. 🙂
- Struggling two phones is tough since this phone was provided to me by Verizon it doesn’t have my information in it from my other phone. I can switch everything over after 6 months if I choose to do so.
Disclosure: I am a Verizon Savers Voice ambassador and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. So I was honest! 🙂