Improving Your Laundry Routine With Kids!
How can new laundry technology make a mom’s life easier? Is it really possible to improve your laundry routine? Do you ever walk down the laundry aisle and begin just looking for the same product you use every single day, or are you like me and have a few favorites but go straight for the one that appears to be the best money saver? Today’s post is sponsored by Tide & Downy available at Walmart and they sent me some new products to make my laundry routine much easier!
There are tons of new products out there that have started to appear on shelves the last several years, but is the average household utilizing the new technology? I usually go for brand awareness and savings when I shop! Thanks to Tide & Downy, I’m learning about a new school way to do my family’s laundry.
I just started using Tide PODS and I found that they really do help save me money because they are all pre-measured! Tide PODS are highly concentrated 3-in-1 pacs that contain detergent, stain remover and brightener, all in one.
They also help me save time, especially since I just started having my 7-year-old help me with her laundry! One day a week she has to do HER load of laundry! I find that including her in our new laundry routine teaches her a little bit more responsibility and independence. All she has to do is add the Tide POD to the washer, then put her laundry in and hit start! I do help her switch it to the dryer since even I can barely reach the bottom of our top loader! Then she gets the laundry out, sorts it and we fold it together. Easy!
If you are looking to improve your laundry routine (and involve your kids!), here are some tips that believe will be very useful.
Improving Your Laundry Routine With Kids!
1. Based on your kid, determine what they are able to do. My oldest does great at sorting clothes and turning them right side out, and now she can start her own wash with the help of Tide PODS! My 3-year-old helps me match socks and puts away clothes as they get folded.
2. Create a chore list! This is easier to do in the summer while kids are home more often.
3. Don’t let your laundry back up! This is SO hard. I found that when we put away a load a day or every other day the laundry task is much easier to handle.
4. If your kids’ laundry gets mixed up, be sure to keep a nearby basket of lost socks and unmatched outfits. This will save you time since you will know where the lost items always are when you find their match.
5. Keep your laundry smelling good with NEW Downy Protect & Refresh Liquid Fabric Conditioner and Downy Fresh Protect sent boosting beads! I found that using Downy keeps my sheets, bedding, towels and clothes smelling so good for days after they have been washed, and it gives my clothes in-wear protection. Plus, I love the smell while doing laundry!
6. Multi-task if you dislike laundry! I found that laundry time is also the time when I can get started on a new Netflix series or watch my recorded shows. I make sure I’m folding a new load before I start a new episode. It makes for folding clothes a lot more fun! This summer, I hope to get caught up on the new season of one of my total guilty pleasure shows.
7. Finally, throw in a Downy dryer sheet to complete the new school laundry regimen by controlling static, preventing wrinkles, softening and providing long-lasting freshness. This is so easy that anyone can do it.
That’s the new school laundry regimen! Tune in to Better Kansas City on KCTV5 on Friday, June 2 at 9 a.m., when I’ll be sharing more of my best laundry tricks and tips.
Join me in your local Walmart store on Sunday, June 4th for free new school laundry samples and coupons from Tide and Downy. I will be at the Liberty store at 1:00 p.m. Learn more and purchase these products at https://www.walmart.com/NewSchoolLaundry.
JOIN us for the TIDE/DOWNY events! Below is a list of participating stores in the Kansas City area:
Walmart Supercenter: 600 NE Coronado, Blue Springs
Walmart Supercenter: 1700 N State Route 291, Harrisonville
Walmart Supercenter: 4000 S. Bolger Rd., Independence
Walmart Supercenter: 8301 N Church Rd., Kansas City
Walmart Supercenter: 3201 W Broadway Blvd., Sedalia
Walmart Supercenter:5000 10th Ave., Leavenworth (KS)
Walmart Supercenter:13600 S. Alden St., Olathe (KS)
Walmart Supercenter: 10824 Parallel Pkwy., Kansas City (KS)
Walmart Supercenter: 2015 W Foxwood Drive, Raymore
Walmart Supercenter: 1000 NE Sam Walton Ln., Lee’s Summit
Also learn about GAIN products at the following stores:
6/4/17 Walmart Supercenter: 395 N. K 7 Hwy, Olathe (KS)
6/5/17 Walmart Supercenter: 8551 N Boardwalk Ave, Kansas City
6/6/17 Walmart Supercenter:16100 W. 65th St., Shawnee (KS)
6/7/17 Walmart Supercenter: 1701 W 133rd St., Kansas City
6/7/17 Walmart Supercenter: 15700 Metcalf, Overland Park (KS)
Update: If you missed our segment on KCTV5 Better KC check it out below!