The worst part of “Girl Scout Cookie season” is when you realize it’s over and you can’t order any more cookies. You can start to ration your cookies but you’re only delaying the inevitable. Well fear no more. This delicious Tagalongs copycat recipe will give you a wonderful cookie to get you through until that green and beige army comes to take your money the next time! The reviews at my house is these taste as good if not better than the real thing!
Be sure to support our frugal living and recipes by pinning this recipe! Save now and create later!
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3/4 pound salted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. Milk Chocolate for candy dipping
Directions to create your Tagalongs Copycat Cookies:
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Start by making the dough for the cookies. Using a paddle attachment on a mixer, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt if wanted, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. If your dough is a little dry try adding 1 Tbsp. of water at a time until the dough comes together. Roll dough into a ball and wrap in plastic, chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool room temperature.
Peanut Butter Filling:
- While Cookies are baking start the peanut butter filling. In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter and powder sugar until it’s completely blended and no sugar can be seen.
- On a cooking sheet, lay wax paper or grease the pan with cooking spray. Place ½ tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture on the prepared pan. I used a cookie dough scooper and it worked great.
- Once Cookies are cool use a spatula, remove the peanut butter from the pan. Place 1 ball in the middle of the shortbread cookie and use a butter knife to spread the peanut butter around the cookie. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls and cookies.
- Melt Chocolate coating according to package. Once melted use a fork to dip the cookies into the chocolate.
- Allow the excess chocolate to drip off the cookies and transferred to wax paper to allow cookie coating to harden.
- Enjoy Your Tagalongs Copycat Cookies!! ☺
Check out these recommended posts: