Disclaimer: I was provided an all expense trip to cover the film and review it in LA. All opinions are my own.
Guardians of the Galaxy is a movie for your entire family. My initial reaction of the movie is that it was very funny, action packed, and you fall in love with every character. This is by far my favorite action movie of the year.
The Guardians of the Galaxy is a NEW Marvel team that is from the universe. Peter Quill is an adventurist who stole Ronan’s orb and didn’t realize how powerful it really was. When the team of “misfits” join together they all try to get the orb back. When they realize how powerful the orb really is they decide they must keep it out of the hands of the evil to save the universe. When Rocket asks, “Why would you want to save the galaxy?” Quill replies with, “Cause I’m one of the idiots who lives in it!” They all break out of jail and party begins!
Chris Pratt does an amazing job and playing Star-Lord/Peter Quill and you no longer see him as Andy Dwyer. Gunn does a great job with his comic timing and the sarcasm will appease all of the die-hard Marvel fans. Rocket, played by Bradley Cooper, is so funny during the movie, but honestly he doesn’t steal the show. Drax, Groot & Gamora also amazing! Not one character steals the show. They all have a really good well balanced chemistry that you aren’t use to seeing.
So if you don’t want any more spoilers stop reading now. Those who have seen the movie are going to understand these moments! Plus, they aren’t going to sound half as funny coming from me. I pretty much kill any joke punchline that may ever exist! Here are my TOP 10 FUNNIEST moments of the movie! Don’t worry there are A LOT more than 10 but these are the ones that stick out the most!
10. Drax! Pretty much any scene with Drax is so funny!
9. There is a scene with Star-Lord and Gamora. Star-Lord is wanting to dance and he uses the Footloose reference. Then he mentions people having sticks up their butts. Gamora took it literally and thought that it was really cruel to whoever put sticks up their butts.
8. A scene where Star-Lord busts a move! Lets say it is amazing!
7. The moment that Ronan is called a “Turd Blossom” by Peter Quill. Who uses these words?! Well let me tell you…He says, “I’m distracting you, you big turd blossom.” which is actually a line from Howard the Duck! Remember him?!
6. Star-Lord winds up his middle finger while getting put in jail. Funny!
5. There is a part when they are gathering things they need to break out of jail and Groot just grabs the batter!
4. When Rhomann Dey’s phone rings and Star-Lord’s mug shot comes up! (Rhoman Dey (Corpsman) is played by John C. Rielly.)
3. When Groot smiles! <3
2. When Rocket tells Star-Lord he needed the fake leg to break out of jail. Then later he said he thought it was funny! Then, later in the movie he says he needs an eye!
1. The “almost” last scene when Drax is with Baby Groot and he is dancing. Then as soon as Drax looks at him really quick he stops! Can we say not only was it hilarious but absolutely adorable!
So I hi-jacked my review with a top 10 list only because my 3 word review “THAT WAS AWESOME” wouldn’t have been good enough to the movie critics who stumble across my blog. So with that being said…You’re Welcome!
The soundtrack is going to be one of the most popular soundtracks since…(clear my throat)…Frozen. At least that is the case in my house. You won’t want to miss the Mix Tape Soundtrack. If you are an 80s fan…YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!
“Guardians of the Galaxy
Awesome Mix Vol. 1”
Album Track List (not in this order)
1. I’m Not In Love (10cc)
2. Come and Get Your Love (Redbone)
3. Go All the Way (Raspberries)
4. Hooked on a Feeling (Blue Swede)
5. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) (Rupert Holmes)
6. Moonage Daydream (David Bowie)
7. Fooled Around and Fell in Love (Elvin Bishop)
8. Cherry Bomb (The Runaways)
9. O-O-H Child (The Five Stairsteps)
10. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
(Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)
11. I Want You Back (Jackson 5)
12. Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)
Loved the movie?! Don’t worry at Comicon this year they already announced a Guardians 2! So no need to be sweating too much, because after this movie hits #1 in the box office this weekend…you are going to be wanting to see a lot more!