These red velvet bars with cream cheese drizzle are wonderful and really ascetically pleasing. They would make a wonderful gift for that special someone this Valentine’s Day. If you ran out and spent money every time a holiday comes up you’d go broke! The hubby and I only give handmade gifts for our Valentine’s Day, and this year he will very likely get these delicious red velvet bars!
Please support this YUMMY recipe and PIN this post!
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg, Room Temp
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 Containers red gel food coloring
- 3/4 Cup Flour
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, Room Temp
- 3 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Room Temp
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Spray a six inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Melt butter either in a microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add an egg after waiting a minute so you don’t scramble it
- After the egg add the brown sugar, vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth
- Whisk in cocoa until smooth
- Pour in the red food coloring whisking to incorporate. Keep adding the food coloring until the desired red is obtained.
- Blend in flour be careful to not over-stir
- Spoon the batter into the pan, smooth the top with a spatula
- Bake at 350º for 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool bars in a pan for 30 minutes before slicing
- Bars will keep for 1 week.
Cream Cheese Icing Directions:
- Combine the ingredients, mixing until smooth
- If the icing is too thick add 1 TBSP of milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- If icing is too thin add more powdered sugar, stir to mix.
- Spoon into a plastic bottle then drizzle on the red velvet brownies.
Check out these recommended posts: